Pip and Ross Baker
||State Highway 1 (SH1), Turangi
|| Phone: +64 7 386 8555
Fax: +64 7 386 0146
The Tongariro River Motel
is marked on the Tongariro
The motel is situated beside the Tongariro River
in Turangi at the southern end of Lake Taupo. The Turangi town centre
is within walking distance.
- Your host Ross Baker is very knowledgable
about the local trout fishing and is available to advise and assist
- The motel's website has a regularly updated
to the Tongariro pools
- This is probably the only place where anglers
can pick up the full range of Fish & Game pamphlets, which
provide excellent maps plus access and fishing information for
most lakes and rivers in the North and South Islands. Visiting
anglers can start here or use the motel as a base to fish a wide
variety of rivers and locations all year round.
- Ross and Pip set out to provide the friendliest
and most comfortable motel in the region. Guests frequently comment
on the hospitality, generosity and kindness they experience.
|Amenities and facilities
Tongariro River Motel offers a wide range of
spacious, self-contained units with SkyTV and electric heating:
- Two studio units - 1 to 2 people
- Four x 1 bedroom units - 1 to 3 people
- Five x 2 bedroom units - up to 6 people
Covered parking for each unit.
Additional parking for cars or boats.
Childrens play area
Fish cleaning area
as at 1/11/2006
Summer (peak) rates (NZ$)
Studio units: $75-$85
1 bedroom units: $95-$110
2 bedroom units: $120-$165