6 Manuariki Ave
||The guest house is marked on the Lake
Phone: +64 7 357 4974
Fax: +64 7 357 4974
|Fishing waters video
Dennis fishes the remote
wilderness rivers and stream of the Rotorua
You can view video footage at Dennis Ward's website:
In Dry Fly Heaven
Your guide is Dennis Ward:
- Offers expert advice and local knowledge
gained from 25 years fishing
- Averages 50 to 60 helicopter trips a year
and has developed and extensive knowledge of the fisheries of
the central North Island. Some of his "secret locations"
offer the world's best dry fly fishing in exquisite surroundings.
- Also a golfer, hunter (and hunting guide)
, scuba diver, fresh and salt water fishing enthusiast
The fishing options include:
- Fishing the local streams and rivers with
access by 4WD
- Wilderness fishing trips accessing pristine
waters by helicopter
- Half and full day trips
- Overnight camp outs for one night or several
- Novice to expert tuition
- 4WD or helicopter access to rivers and streams
- All tackle provided if required
- Fishing licences available
- Light refreshments provided
- Pick up from your accomodation in Rotorua
- Bring warm, casual clothing and a camera
The Ward's guest house
is ideally situated situated in a garden setting bordered on one
side by the famous Ngongotaha Stream and fronting onto Lake Rotorua.
- Set privately away from the host's home in
two acres of garden
- Seconds away from fishing at the lakefront
- Two bedrooms
- Well equipped kitchen including dishwasher
- Full size dining table and chairs
- Full laundry facilities
- Good use of native timbers
- TV, sound system, and heating
- Décor features hunting and fishing
- Continental breakfast is complimentary along
with tea, coffee and juice.
"I’ve fished Trout and Steelhead on the best waters in the lower 48, Alaska and BC. The best day I ever spent was on NZ’s North Island with Dennis landing wild Rainbows the size of Steelhead. I don’t know where else or with whom I might replicate that experience. His manner confirms deep respect for the resource and years spent on these waters. I’ve fished with expert guides and great friends. Dennis is both."
Keven Hart, Idaho
"I always conclude
my trip to New Zealand with Dennis because I know that my stay with
him will be delightful and that I'll have some superb fishing, a
fitting climax to my trip."
Dr Chauncey Loomis
"I have fished for over 30 years around
the world, and you're the best guide ever! I will never forget the
times spent with you and will definitely be back for more!"John Smith, Colorado, USA
Rates are reasonable and
available on request.
||For enquiries and bookings, please phone, email,
or complete the on-line
enquiry form at Dennis Ward's website.