Diane and Barry Perkins
86a Wentworth Street
3 208 6476
Mobile: 027 6173 529
Facebook: Flyfish Mataura
Please mention nzfishing.com when you make an
enquiry or booking.
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Wentworth Heights received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
See the reviews on Trip Advisor for Wentworth Heights B&B
Fishing rivers within a short
drive include the:
Also the Waimea and Whitestone Rivers.
The Oreti River
Wentworth Heights is marked
on the lower
Mataura River map
The Mataura River
- Guest rooms all feature top quality mattresses
and linen, extra pillows, electric blankets, heated towel rails,
hairdriers and radio/alarm clocks
- Guest soaps, shampoos and conditioners are
- Both queen rooms have ensuites with full
sized shower, toilet and hand basin
- Double room
has a separate luxury private bathroom with shower and bath, for
which guest robes are provided
- Bedrooms are serviced daily
- 2 queen rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- 1 double room with private bathroom
- Guest lounge with laptop, TV & DVD facilities
- Free wireless internet available in all rooms
- Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities
- Laundry facilities by arrangement
- Outdoor courtyard
- Off street parking
- Complimentary transfers to restaurants and
transport facilities within Gore
Wentworth Heights is commited to sustainability is shown by the measures it has implemented help protect and sustain the environment.
See the sustainablity measures implemented
as at Oct 2016
- Tariff includes breakfasts
- Discounts offered for longer or multiroom
- Package deals including guided fishing with Flyfish Mataura
||Barry Perkins is a 4th generation New Zealander and has lived and fished in Southland since 1981. During this time he has gained extensive local knowledge of the Southland area and its rivers.
as at Oct 2016
- Full day guiding (1 pax) NZ$700
- Full day guiding (2 pax) NZ$750
- Half days guiding (1 or 2 pax) NZ$430
Package deals with accommodation at Wentworth Heights available. (All prices include GST).
- Payment by cash, Mastercard or Visa is accepted
on morning of departure
- A $2 donation from every room night is made
to the Hokonui Heritage Centre
"Heaven on earth for the fly fishermen.
Ian – Australia
"Beautiful home, beautiful flowers, beautiful view, fantastic
food!! Thank you again for your gracious hospitality. All travellers
should be so lucky."
Maxine - USA
"Our stay here has surpassed anything we had expected.
Diane and Barry are a 'Kiwi gem'. We will be back but stay longer
and will recommend to everyone." Debra & Tom - USA
|Local attractions and activities
- Guided fly fishing with Fly
- Eastern Southland Art Gallery
- Hokonui Moonshine Museum
- Gore golf course
- Croydon bush walks
- Croydon Aviation Heritage centre
Tranquility, great food, luxury accommodation and superb fishing....