From Greymouth or Hokitika (50
1. Take Route 6 and head towards Kumara Junction
which is between Greymouth and Hokitika.
2. At Kumara Junction take Route 73 toward Arthur’s
3. Go 7 kms to the town of Kumara and at the
end of the town take the left turn where signposted to Mitchells.
4. Follow this road for 9 kms until the next
signpost to Mitchells, turn left and cross over a bridge; the road
then turns to gravel.
5. Follow the road for 12 kms until the lake
comes into view.
6. Watch for the Lodge on the right hand side
of the road.
7. Turn right into Lake Brunner Lodge and follow
the driveway to reception.
From Arthur's Pass (about an hour)
1. Continue west through Otira and on to Jacksons
tavern on the left.
2. Pass Jacksons tavern and turn right towards Lake Brunner crossing
the Taramakau River (by Sir Stanley Gooseman Bridge.)
3. Continue straight along this road for 16 kms.
4. Eventually it becomes a gravel/dirt road; continue for a further
5. Pass the sign for Mitchells and cross the single lane bridge.
6. Turn left into Lake Brunner Lodge and follow the driveway to