The club is hosted by the:
Nelson Suburban Club
168 Tahunanui Drive, Nelson
The great facilities include a great meeting
rooms trophy cabinet, bar and restaurant.
- The club season runs for 9 months from October
to the end of May. Prizegiving is held in June.
- Members can now fish throughout the whole month, with fish caught,
weighed in at any of four weigh stations at any time.
- Club weekends are the second weekend of each month
- Weigh-ins are held 4.30pm on Sunday at the clubrooms
- Club competitions run from Friday noon to Sunday 4pm
There is a real family atmosphere about the club,
with special emphasis on the kids and people really enjoying the
camaraderie of socialising and competing with and against each other.
Boat fishers, kayakers, jetskiers, land based
anglers, divers and fresh water fisher folk are all welcome with
senior men, ladies and junior sections to enter.
Regular features will include, a Saturday
evening social that will be organised each month at the Nelson Suburban
Club to reflect on the month’s fishing, listen to guest speakers
and win prizes on offer. Also awards for that month will include
fish of the month, photo of the month, junior fisherpersons of the
month, kid’s competition winners, and a bugger award. There
will also be a major prize for average weight of a nominated species
for that month. Great sponsor relationships.